Amano Italian Kitchen
- 300g Rigatoni Pasta
- 180mL Nonna’s Tomato Sauce
- 60g Grated Pecorino Cheese
- 500mL Bolognese
- 30mL Spicy Bomba
- 1 bunch Rapini
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 1pc Focaccia Bread
- 2oz Garlic Butter
ITEMS NOT PROVIDED:
Make sure you’ve got a Large Pot with a Lid, a Medium Pot, Pastry Brush, Sauté Pan with Lid, a Spatula, a Colander, and a Timer. It’s also ideal to have some Salt, Water and Olive Oil on hand. Now, let’s get cooking!
1. In a Large Pot bring 4L of water and 1/4 cup of salt to a rolling boil over medium heat.
2. Add the Rigatoni, continuously stirring to ensure that no Pasta sticks to the bottom of the pot.
3. Cook Rigatoni for 6-8 minutes, or to desired taste (taste Pasta for doneness).
4. Once Pasta is cooked, remove from heat and save 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Drain Pasta well using a Colander.
BOLOGNESE & NONNA’S TOMATO SAUCE
1. In a separate Medium Pot over medium heat, heat Nonna’s Tomato Sauce and Bolognese to a light simmer.
2. Add Rigatoni and 2 tablespoons of pasta water to the Bolognese and Tomato sauce mixture. Mix until Rigatoni is well coated in Sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place Focaccia on a baking tray.
3. Using a pastry brush, spread Garlic Butter over top of the focaccia.
4. Sprinkle with as much Pecorino cheese as desired.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
1. Clean the Rapini, removing woody stems and any wilted leaves.
2. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice Garlic.
3. On a medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil to a sauté pan.
4. Add Rapini and season with salt and pepper. Sauté Rapini for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add thinly sliced Garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with the lid. Steam for 2 minutes or until Rapini is cooked throughout.
7. Once Rapini is cooked, squeeze juice from half a Lemon over cooked Rapini.
- Rigatoni Bolognese hot and ready
- 1 tablespoon Grated Pecorino
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Parsley (if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Spicy Bomba (if desired)
- 1 slice Focaccia bread
- Sauteed Rapini
1. Place Pasta in a large bowl.
2. Place Grated Pecorino on top.
3. Add 4-5 pieces of Rapini, a couple slices of Focaccia.
4. Finish with Chopped Parsley and Spicy Bomba (if desired).