Vegetarian Fresh Rolls
Vegetarian Fresh Rolls
With Vermicelli & Peanut Sauce
Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Chef Philip Nguyen of Nước Mắm has shared a family favourite! Test out your rolling skills with this fun and interactive recipe that is completely customizable! Full of vegetables and herbs, these gluten free and vegan Fresh Rolls are the perfect light summer meal for 2-3 people. You can also enjoy these Rolls as an appetizer to go along with one of our other Drops. Time to roll!
• Easy Prep
• Ready in 15 Minutes
- 12 pcs 12″ Rice Paper
- 12 pcs 6″ Rice Paper
- 500mL Peanut Sauce
- 800g Vermicelli with Scallion Oil
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Persian Cucumbers
- 250g Thinly Sliced Carrot
- 1 head Green Leaf Lettuce
- 250g Bean Sprouts
- 1 Mango
- 4oz Chopped Roasted Peanuts
- 4oz Sambal Oelek
- 1 bunch Thai Basil, picked
- 1 bunch Mint, picked
ITEMS NOT PROVIDED:
Make sure you’ve got a Knife, a Cutting Board, a Serving Platter, a Mixing Bowl, a Plate, a Medium Pot, and Tongs. Now, let’s get cooking!
- Grab a cutting board and a knife. Begin to prep all the vegetables and herbs to assemble the Fresh Rolls. We will be creating a platter for all of the garnishes.
- Remove the root of the Green Leaf Lettuce and separate the leaves. Wash the Lettuce with cold water. Spin dry, fan out, and assemble on a serving platter.
- Thinly slice the Red Bell Peppers and Mango into the size of a match stick. Transfer all thinly sliced garnishes to the serving platter.
- Thinly slice the Cucumber into coins, about a ¼ inch thick. Shingle onto the serving platter.
- Removed the washed and picked Mint and Thai Basil from packaging. Place the sprigs of herbs on the platter.
- Clean and trim the ends of the Bean Sprouts. Place the washed Bean Sprouts on the platter.
- Bring a pot with 3L of hot water up to a boil. Transfer water into a large bowl. This will be used to rehydrate the Rice Paper Wraps.
- Transfer the Vermicelli with scallion oil into a serving bowl. The Noodles are intended to be served cold!
- Transfer the Peanut Sauce into individual dipping bowls and garnish with the Chopped Roasted Peanuts. Spice it up with Sambal Oelek!
- Building your Fresh Rolls! Take 1 – 12’’ Rice Paper and 1 – 6’’ Rice Paper, place the smaller Rice Paper in the middle of the larger one! This is a family secret to ensure your Rice Paper does not rip! Dunk the Rice Paper into the hot water and quickly rotate them in your hand to ensure you rehydrate all surfaces! This step should be done quickly! The Rice Paper will need no more than 3 seconds in the water! Lay the Rice Paper on a plate and allow to rest for 30 seconds to fully rehydrate.
- Now the fun part! You can customize and build the Fresh Rolls to your preference! Chef Phil recommends laying down a piece of Lettuce in the centre of the wraps as your base, followed by the Vermicelli, then add and layer as many fresh vegetables and herbs as you want!
- Time to roll! Take the bottom corner of the Rice Paper and bring it over all the vegetables. Tuck and pull back to compact all the ingredients. Fold in the sides and continue to roll away from you! The Fresh Roll is now complete! Dip it in the Peanut Sauce and enjoy!