Orata & Watermelon Salad
Orata & Watermelon Salad
- 2pc Orata
- 1 Watermelon
- 1 bag Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 bag Asparagus
- 1 box Citrus Segments
- 4oz Bomba Sauce
- 40oz Cilantro Oil
- 1 vine Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 100mL Salsa Verde
- 1 box Croutons
- 10pc Bocconcini
- 1 bag Radish
- 1 box Mint and Cilantro Mix
ITEMS NOT PROVIDED:
Make sure you’ve got a Medium Frying Pan, a Spoon, Tongs, a Medium Mixing Bowl, a Spatula, a Knife, and a Cutting Board. It’s also ideal to have a few staples on hand like Oil, Honey, and Salt & Pepper. Now, let’s get cooking!
FINGERLING POTATOES & ASPARAGUS
- Begin by preparing the vegetables for your dish. First, cut the Asparagus into 2″ pieces and set aside. Cut the Fingerling Potatoes into 1/2″ coins and set aside.
- Now prepare your Lemon Wedges by cutting off the top and bottom of your Lemon into 6 pieces. Set aside for the Orata garnish.
- Preheat a medium frying pan on medium heat, and add 1 tablespoon of Cooking Oil. Add the Fingerling Potato Coins and Cut Asparagus. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add Spicy Bomba Sauce to the Asparagus and Potatoes, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm until it is time to plate.
- Wipe down your medium frying pan and return to medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of Cooking Oil. Allow to come up to temperature.
- Remove the Orata from the packaging and pat dry using a paper towel. Season with Salt and Black Pepper.
- Place Orata in the medium frying pan skin side down and pan fry for 5 minutes. Chef Tip: When searing the Fish, apply a tiny bit of pressure to the flesh side of the Fish. This prevents your Fish from curling. This is crucial to create a perfect crispy skin!
- Check for caramelization. Once golden brown, flip the Orata Fillets flesh side down using a spatula. Pan sear for an additional 2 minutes. Remove your Fillets from the pan and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- In the same medium frying pan on high heat, blister your Vine Tomatoes until they are a light brown colour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add Croutons, Vine Tomatoes, and Salsa Verde. Mix well and set aside for plating.
- To assemble the salad, cut the Compressed Watermelon into quarter inch cubes and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the Citrus Segments, half of the Radish, Bocconcini Cheese, and half of the Herb Mix. Toss well.
- Transfer Watermelon Salad to a serving dish and drizzle with Coriander Oil.
- Garnish Salad using the remaining Sliced Radish and Herb Mix.
Chef Tip: If you like your Salad a little sweeter, add a tablespoon of Honey and drizzle over the top.
- Time to start plating! First, lay down a bed of Asparagus and Fingerling Potato Coins. Place your Orata Fillets skin side up on the bed of Vegetables.
- Spoon the Croutons and Blister Tomatoes with Salsa Verde on top of the fish. Garnish with Lemon.
- Serve alongside your Compressed Watermelon Salad.