Crispy Skin Salmon
Uncle Ray’s Food & Liquor
Crispy Skin Salmon
- 2 x 7oz Pieces Salmon
- 1 bag Braised Lentils
- 1 bag Pickled Cabbage
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 Lemon
- 1 piece Focaccia
- 2oz Herb and Garlic Butter
ITEMS NOT PROVIDED:
Make sure you’ve got a Large Frying Pan, a Small Pot, a Spatula, a Baking Tray, a Chef’s Knife, and a Cutting Board. It’s also ideal to have a few staples on hand like Kosher Salt or Sea Salt, some Olive Oil, and a Pepper Mill with Peppercorns. Now, let’s get cooking!
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Meanwhile open the bag of Salmon onto a plate and season well with Salt & Pepper.
3. Once the pan is smoking hot, add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil to the pan. The Oil should start to smoke on contact.
4. Now carefully add the Salmon to the pan skin side down, laying away from your body and being very careful.
5. Using the fish spatula press the Salmon down firmly. This will press the skin and help to get it really crispy.
6. Once the Salmon has been pressed well, place the pan to the oven.
7. Cook the Salmon in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 125 degrees for medium (if you want it well done, heat to 140 degrees). Remove the Salmon from the oven and carefully flip the fish and let it sit skin side up for 2-3 minutes to continue cooking.
8. Remove Salmon from the pan onto a paper towel lined plate skin side up.
9. In a small pot, add the Lentils and heat over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
10. Chop the Parsley and cut Lemon in half. Once Lentils are hot, add in Parsley and a few squeezes of Lemon juice.
11. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary.
12. Unwrap the Focaccia and place on a baking tray. Brush with Garlic and Herb Butter.
13. Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Let cool slightly and then slice.
- Cooked Salmon
- Hot Lentils
- Pickled Cabbage
- Sliced Focaccia
- Lemon and Olive Oil
1. Divide Lentils between 2 plates, then place the Salmon on top with the skin side up. Divide the Pickled Cabbage on top of each salmon.
2. Drizzle the plates with Olive Oil and a few drops of Lemon juice.
3. Serve with side Focaccia.