Crispy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Crispy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 bag Chicken Thighs
- 8oz bottle “Magic” Sauce infused with TABASCO® Sriracha
- 4oz Chili Candied Peanuts
- 250mL Pickled Carrots
- 2pc Baby Cucumber
- 1 head Bibb Lettuce
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro
- 1/4 bunch Mint
- 1lb Brussel Sprouts
ITEMS NOT PROVIDED:
Make sure you’ve got a Large Oven Safe Pan, a Colander or Salad Spinner, a Chef’s Knife or Mandolin Slicer, Roasting Tray, and Two Large Mixing Bowls. You will also need Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper. Now, let’s get cooking!
- Fill two large mixing bowls with very cold water.
- Pick all leaves off mint and cilantro bunches and plunge into ice cold water. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the core of the bibb lettuce and carefully remove the leaves keeping them big and bowl shaped.
- Plunge lettuce into ice cold water and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice cucumbers into 1/4 inch round slices with a sharp knife or a mandolin.
- Remove the lettuce from the water after ten minutes and dry in salad spinner or colander, repeat the same with the herbs. Reserve with the cucumbers for plating.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high, and add a tablespoon of oil to pan.
- Remove thighs from the vac pac bag, and carefully add to the pan skin side down.
- Cook on the stove for about two minutes until you see a little bit of colour. Transfer to the oven keeping skin side down and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once an internal temperature of 165°F is reached, take out of the oven and let rest for two minutes. (Note: for crispier skin, add pan back to stove top on high heat for two more minutes).
- Chop the thighs into cubes, roughly one inch by one inch.
- Toss brussel sprouts in two tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper and place on a roasting tray.
- Add to the oven and cook for about 8-10 minutes until gold and brown. (Note: if you want more colour on sprouts, at seven minutes into cooking turn broiler onto high and cook for about two minutes more).
- Remove sprouts from pan into a bowl and toss with 1⁄4 (2oz) of “Magic” Sauce.
PLATING AND BUILDING
- Crispy chicken thighs cut into cubes
- Sliced cucumber
- Dried herbs and lettuce
- Pickled carrots
- Candied peanuts
- Union Chicken “Magic” sauce kicked up with TABASCO® Sriracha
- Roasted sprouts tossed with “magic” sauce
- Take a lettuce cup and add a scoop of chicken, then drizzle with a tablespoon of the sauce, top with 2-3 slices of cucumber followed by a little bit of the pickled carrot. Then arrange a few cilantro and mint leaves on top and sprinkle with the candied peanuts.
- For the brussel sprouts, place in a serving dish and top with some of the cilantro and mint and a sprinkle of peanuts.
- For a little extra spice, top with TABASCO® from the miniature bottle included. Enjoy!